It was time to give sp_indexinfo some love. The procedure is meant to be the “ultimate” index information procedure, providing lots of information about all indexes in a database or all indexes for a certain table. Here is what I did in this update:
- Changed the second query that retrieves missing index information so it generates the index name (based on schema name, table name and column named – limited to 128 characters).
- Re-arranged and shortened column names to make output more compact and more commonly used column moved to the right.
- Uncommented some columns that were previously commented. (At least one, filter, has to be commented if you want to run this on 2005.)
- Added support for columnstore indexes.
- Decoded the type for columnstore indexes to col-store.
You find the procedure here.